Resolution No. 1 (2021): Historical data rescue
- the need for access to historical data in Earth sciences, and
- the risk of loss of large volumes of historical data;
- that many scientific communities face significant challenges in digitizing historical data, and
- important historical data have already been irretrievably lost;
- the interdisciplinary consensus that all Earth science data should be accessible to the scientific community;
- the scientific community to identify, digitize, archive and make accessible all Earth science data, and
- the International Science Council, UNESCO, WMO and other relevant international bodies to support national authorities in efforts to identify, digitize, archive and make accessible all Earth science data.