Resolution (1964): Working Group on Secular Variation
[reported by VP Orlov]
The working group on Secular Variation:
- points out the importance of obtaining a reliable picture of SV distribution on a world-wide scale.
- gives the responsibility to the reporter for the WG on Secular Variations to collect and publish the mean annual values at the magnetic observatories, and to report the main SV features periodically.
- emphasises the significance of the detailed investigation of the SV time-changes and SV parts, due to the different sources.
- urges the participating countries to organise archaeomagnetic investigations to get information on SV for historic times.
- notes the importance of separate countries studying the SV local anomalies.